It has been 14 years since I started blogging. It is the first time I am being nominated for any award. Not that I deserve an award, there is nothing award-worthy in my blogging efforts. I keep writing only when I feel like writing and mostly when that feeling coincides with some such situations that push my lazy butt towards writing. So, I feel happy being nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award.
I would like to thank my dear friend Jim who nominated me for this Award. Despite the distance and the stark difference in our time zones, Jim inspires me to pedal really hard, and in the process, be a better cyclist.
About the Mystery Blogger Award
It is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
This Award was made by Okoto Enigma.
Rules of the Award
The rules are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- Films: I always try to read the story of a film before I get to watch it. That way, I can keep away the suspense feelings, and really focus on how the narration goes and how well the whole thing is executed.
- The Amazon: Roughly ten years ago, I had this wild dream of hiking the Amazon. I spent a lot of time reading about any material I could get my hands on, about the mighty forest. I used to do this all in secret fearful that anyone who finds it out might laugh at me for my lunatic idea, until I found that there is an even more lunatic person who actually did it and hence became the first man to hike the Amazon.
- The Atacama: Another pet dream I have is to cross the Desierto de Atacama on cycle. I don’t know if I would be able to make it, but I would really love to give it a try.
I am connected to some 80 wonderful people around the globe, with different tastes, skills and hobbies. It is difficult to suggest a few names from that lengthy list. However, here are my nominees:
There wasn’t any rule that explicitly says that I can’t nominate the people who have already been nominated. So here are some more awesome blogs to follow:
There are some more people I know, who used to write awesome blogs but have not been active for the past few years. Hence, I haven’t mentioned them.
Answers to Questions
- Do you have a goal in mind for your blog?
I wanted to share my ideas and experiences and some interesting differences in people’s perceptions and cultural values. I would also love to inspire people around me to try cycling as a hobby. Though these are not written down as my goals, this is what I broadly aim to achieve through this blog.
- Why do you blog?
I used to have this habit of writing diaries, during my teenage. Blogging came as a natural growth and transition from diary-writing in the technology era.
- What hobbies do you do outside of blogging?
I enjoy cycling and I do dream of developing my skills as a long-distance cyclist. I also love to read when I am not blogging or cycling.
- If you could stock up one thing for a lifetime supply what would that be?
Cycling accessories (You can never have too much accessories. Right?).
- What is a dessert that everyone has to try?
I’m not much of a dessert person. But I love it when my wife makes oatmeal-chocolate cookies to keep me charged during long-distance rides.
Questions to My Nominees
- Please share the story of one such incident where you had faced cultural conflict within your country? May not be a conflict per se, but it could even be a difference in perception, practice, belief, habit, whatever… something you felt funny, surprised or doubtful about.
- Share an interesting experience you had faced on the road. You need not be a cyclist or pedestrian. Whichever was your mode of transport, it is the experience that matters.
- What is your wildest dream? No matter how far-fetched or stupid it may seem, please share it.
It would be most wonderful, if you mention these answers very briefly under the questions, and then post detailed blogs for the same, separately.
Best Experience I had
Something I consider my best post so far is my chance encounter with a herd of black-bucks in the outskirts of the city. I don’t know if it is my best post so far, but for me, it was more about the experience of coming face to face with wild fauna… I was spellbound.
Here is that post .
Once again, I thank Jim for nominating me for this Award. It is not about the award, but the thought that he found my posts interesting enough for nomination.