Here are some questions I recently encountered from one of my favorite websites. I am re-quoting it here with my answers.
1. Why is there poverty and suffering in the world?
Both these are essential by-products of human greed. Unfortunately, it is not always the greedy that ends up poor or suffering.
2. What is the relationship between science and religion?
Two sides of the same coin. Though they co-exist in this world, they can’t face each other.
3. Why are so many people depressed?
Lack of understanding the difference between what they want and what they need
4. What are we all so afraid of?
The unknown. The moment we know, fear disappears. Or at least, it starts diminishing.
5. When is war justifiable?
No war is justifiable. Those who seek justification of wars are either seeking options to cover up their follies, or are making a successful business out of it.
6. How would God want us to respond to aggression and terrorism?
Tolerance, peace, understanding, and a little personal space
7. How does one obtain true peace?
One only needs to know the difference between what one wants, what is needed; and the uneasy gap between the two.
8. What does it mean to live in the present moment?
Realizing the meaning of what one is actually doing. It is not a stream of thoughts or plans; it is a spontaneous feeling of being full.
9. What is our greatest distraction?
The stream of thoughts that keeps running in our heads as we walk, talk and does simple everyday things
10. Is current religion serving its purpose?
All religions serve their purposes if people stop modifying them according to their thoughts and fancies.
11. What happens to you after you die?
The true question is about what happens before the death.
12. Describe heaven and how to get there.
Heaven is in you. You only need to seek for it and find it your way. It is your path, your destiny.
13. What is the meaning of life?
Don’t waste time inventing meanings for life. Life is too short for that. The key is not in finding a meaning, but in living it well.
14. Describe God.
The most indescribable feeling is Godliness. Anyone who reaches there is said to have reached up to God.
15. What is the greatest quality humans possess?
Compassion. There is nothing beyond this great quality that is more humane.
16. What is it that prevents people from living to their full potential?
Their fear of reaching/receiving/becoming something else, or the hard lessons they might get to learn. It is always the unknown that controls us.
17. No verbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world.
18. What is your one wish for the world?
Accommodate everyone, and their thoughts. Not try to manipulate or control them. Everlasting peace will result, I’m sure.
19. What is wisdom and how do we gain it?
Wisdom is the collective experience of the human race put into practice. We gain it by two ways: learning from our own experiences, and learning from other people’s experiences.
20. Are we all one?
In true essence, yes; we are all one. Fully and finally at the end of the day, we are a big family.
What are your answers? Let me know your thoughts/feelings/ideas. Please comment.